19 Ocak 2015 Pazartesi

REFLECTION TASK 1B






  Hi everybody,

Today I want to talk about Cem Adrian. Somebody may think that why did you choose him, he is already famous. However, I thought about it and I decided that he is not famos as much as Sinan Akçıl. Also, maybe someone hates him because of his choices. Let's talk about him and why I think he should be famous.Cem Adrian  is a Turkish singer-songwriterauthorproducer and director. He is known for his ability to sing from bass to soprano, as his vocal cords are three times the length of an average person's.Adrian was born in 1980 in EdirneTurkey. His birth name is Cem Filiz. He has some Bosniak ancestry as well as Turkish. He started his musical studies and released his first recordings during his secondary school terms.Adrian started his career in radio publishing at eighteen, and continued for about six years. At the same time he studied theatre and photography and recorded about 250 of his own songs at the studios of a radio station where he used to work.

In 2003, he performed as the singer and dancer of the ethnic music band "Mystica" which he founded, in Istanbul. In the autumn of 2004, he started his education as a "special student" at the Faculty of Music and Performing Arts, Bilkent University, at the invitation of Fazil Say.In February 2005, Adrian released his first album Ben Bu Sarkiyi Sana Yazdim. This album includes the songs which Adrian had recorded by himself between 1997 and 2003 in Edirne, and the live recordings of his first academic performance with Fazil Say. This demo album achieved sales of 16,000 copies.
He performed in a series of concerts which started with "Babylon" in 2005 in Istanbul, and continued with the premiere of the Hamburg Music Season with the Bremen Jazz Festival, including Fazil Say and Burhan Ocal.
In 2006, he started working on his second self-produced album, which was published in November 2006 by the name Aşk Bu Gece Şehri Terk Etti.
In 2008 he released two albums, Essentials / Seçkiler and Emir, and produced the music for Abdullah Oğuz's film Sıcak, where he also played the role of a young imam
We can see that he is full of success and ability but people think badly about him because he is gay and he looks unusual like his clips. I said all I want to talk about him and you can listen a song from him.Link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSQlWI8IlcU

3 yorum:

  1. Hi Eylül! I really like your post, because I love Cem Adrian, too. Also, I agree with you about the fact that Cem Adrian deserves more fame and respect. I like your orginization and I am glad to see people like me. And, I think that your adding a song link is very nice :)

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Hi Eylül!I read your reflection task and I loved it.I have heard about Cem Adrian but I didnt know so much thing about him untill the time when I read your reflection task.For example;I didnt know that he was gay.I found it surprising so I can say I found your reflection task really informative.But unfortunatelly there are some grammar mistakes in your writing.I think sometimes use wrong prepositions and you use improper words.There are also some problems in sentence structure.Maybe you write this reflection task fast or you were tired while you were writing this.It is normal I think.I also did the same mistakes and I didnt notice it until I read my reflection tasks again and again.Sometimes everybody can overlook these rules.
    Firstly;I want to mention about your mistakes.For example;at the begınnıng of your paragraph,you say:Somebody may think that why did you choose him, he is already famous. You should say:You can ask why I chose him.Somebody doesnt seem to be proper in this sentence.You also used improper verb here.You mention about a sentence so you should use `ask`as a verb of this sentence.In this sentence,there is also a mistake about the usage of noun clause.You shouldnt write the question form of this sentence as it is noun clause.There is also a mistake in the next sentence.You say: thought about it and I decided that he is not famos as much as Sinan Akçıl.You should say that I decided that he wasnt famous as much as Sinan Akçıl.As the tenses should be paralel in noun clauses.You also say:maybe someone hates him because of his choices.You can say that someone may hate him becuse of his choices.It would be much proper.At the last sentence of your paragraph;you say:Let's talk about him and why I think he should be famous.I think you should you the phrase `the reason why`because after a preposition,noun or noun phrase should be used.As I said you also used some improper words.For example,in the second paragraph,you say:His birth name is Cem Filiz.`Birth name` doesnt seem to be true to me ,maybe you can say his original name.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. You also used similar prepositions in a sentence.You say:continued for about six years.You should use for or about only.It isnt true to use both of them at the same time.In the second paragraph,I saw a improper sentence .You say: recorded about 250 of his own songs .I think it could be more proper ,If you had said 250 songs of his own.In your writing,there is some punctiontion mistakes.For example;you say:he performed as the singer and dancer of the ethnic music band "Mystica" which he founded, in Istanbul.I think comma should be used after ;in İstanbul.At the end of the third paragraph,you say:This demo album achieved sales of 16,000 copies.It seems to me more apropriate to say `achieved to be sold 16,000 copies.As I said at the beginning of my comment,you sometimes used improper words for example you say:self-produced album, which was published and I dont think `publish` is an appropriate word for an album.You should use `release`as you used at the third paragraph.

    YanıtlaSil